Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sigh........

Sadly....I must go back to work tomorrow.  I have been off for THREE days with Carson and it has been blissful.  How could you not want to spend just one more day with this boy?

Me and Carson @ Sundance 08.14.2010
We went to Stacy's (or as Carson calls it, "Abby's") Monday and Tuesday and as always, that is a good time.  It's so fun to visit with Stacy and of course the kids have a great time.  We talked about a lot of good topics; finances, church, FHE, school (for the kids, not us!), diets, coupons, groceries, and last but not least...canning!  I'm so excited to learn to can this year and am especially looking forward to going to Stacy's house in about 6 weeks to learn.  She sent me home with some "samples" of things she has canned and they are all so delicious.  I talked to Chad today about planting a peach tree in our yard and it's a go!  Just gotta get the tree...

Today (8/18), Carson and I spent a little bit of time at my work, some time at home, went to Toys R Us, Wal-Mart (for some medicine for Carson; he wasn't feeling good today).  We played some UNO, cleaned some stuff out of his room, had good chats, talked about the upcoming school year.  I can't believe he is in 4th grade...the grade my Mom taught.  It's crazy that my kid is the age of the students she taught. 
Gosh, I miss her so much....

Today, I also cleaned out the pantry, dealt with a "to be dealt with later" pile, talked to my family about the fact that FHE assignments are going to be shared from this point forward, stuck to my diet, read my scriptures and repaved the driveway. Okay, I made that last one up but I was on a roll!

Also, last night, Aynn and I went to Smith's and I got 15 boxes of cereal, 6 boxes of Hamburger Helper, 1 bag of Tostitos, 4 jars of peanut butter & 2 bags of Quaker Rice cakes for $28.88!  Happy!

Now...onto bed due to the fact that my happy little three days off ends with a 6:00am meeting - yuck!  Happy to have a job...happy to have a job...happy to have a job...just keep swimming!

No comments:

Post a Comment