Sunday, August 8, 2010

Goodbye Facebook, Goodbye Soda and Goodbye Weekend

It's been an interesting weekend.

Late last week, I decided to *finally* get off of facebook.  It's been a decision a long time coming for me and now that I have finally done it, I feel great!  I will not bash facebook or anyone who uses it.  Quite frankly, I loved it.  It was fun seeing what people were up to and contrary to skits and parodies that make fun of everyone's silly updates, I really enjoyed it.  I just decided it was time to focus more on myself and especially on my family.  Or at least read a good book with that time I've been reading facebook!

Therefore, I "unfriended" my whole friend list.  I couldn't completely cancel my account because I am the creator and the owner of the "Day for Danger" page which I will continue to use.

I also decided to go cold turkey on soda and caffiene this weekend.  If you know me at all, you know soda is my first love, so this one has been  hard.  I am truly an addict, to the soda, the carbonation, the flavor, the ritual of going to the Walker's and getting the drink and to the caffiene.

WebMD states the following:
If you stop taking caffeine abruptly, you may have symptoms for a day or more, especially if you consume two or more cups of coffee a day. Symptoms of withdrawal from caffeine include: headache, fatigue, anxiety, irritability, depressed mood and difficulty concentrating.  I definitely had all of those yesterday and today, the headache is worse.  I am determined to stick with it though, so I don't feel like I "have to have" or "need" a soda. 

And last but not least, the weekend is once again over.  Where did it go?  I got up late on Saturday, took a 2 hour nap and then went to bed at a fairly regular time.  Sunday was spent at church, playing legos, going to SUNDANCE(!) and then another 2 hours nap.  It's nearly 8 and I have a raging headache.  Carson is getting ready for bed.  Chad is helping a neighbor with his car (or at least chatting with the neighbor while the neighbor works on his car).  Goodbye weekend, once again!  See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment